How can I see my podcast analytics on Spotify?
updated 4 months ago
The end result is that you normally won't see Spotify listening stats included in your show's ZenCast analytics dashboard.
If you'd like to see your show's analytics for Spotify listeners, the solution is to claim your podcast on Spotify and access the show's stats directly on their platform.
- Go to http://podcasters.spotify.com
- Click the "Get Started" button or "Log in" in the upper corner. If you're already logged in, click the "Your dashboard" button.
- Once logged in click "Add or claim your podcast" in the sidebar"
- You should then see this screen, and again click "Get started":
- Next, you'll need your show's ZenCast RSS feed URL. Here's our short guide on how to find it.
- Enter the URL into the box. If your podcast is already on Spotify, you'll see the blue text prompt, and click "Next".
- If your podcast is not already on Spotify, you can either follow the prompts on Spotify to submit it or follow our guide on publishing your podcast through your ZenCast dashboard.
- Spotify will offer to send a verification code to the email address associated with the RSS feed. Click "Send code":
- Enter the verification code from your email:
- Fill out basic details about your show including location, language, and your hosting provider (that's us!), and select the show's categories:
- Click "Next" again, and you're done:
Now your Spotify dashboard will show a list of podcasts that you've claimed on the platform, and you can click on each one to see show statistics directly through Spotify!
Alternatively, it's possible to email Spotify at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know that you would not like them to re-host your content. You can ask them to "pass through" the downloads directly to us at ZenCast, and this allows us to track and display your show's stats in your ZenCast dashboard.
Keep in mind that Spotify has the ability to toggle this feature on an account-by-account basis, and it's totally up to Spotify whether they're happy to make the switch or not.
If you need help with any of this, or if something isn't working correctly, please reach out via the live chat bubble or email email@example.com